Who and Why

I began singing opera because of Violetta. Now, I am going meet her.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Maybe Insomia is a Good Thing?

I am a wonderful fantastic sleeper and a horrible miserable morning person. I have always liked this co-dependent relationship: I sleep well and no one expects me to be human after the fact. But, now, here I find myself, the second time this week, with RAGING insomnia. I've been up since 4 am (it's now 7 am)- wishing it were 4 pm or better yet- 6 pm and practicing. How many times have I wished for "more time" so I could practice? And, how many times have I wished to be a morning person (but not in the sake for losing sleep- never!) so I could get more accomplished in my day (and then take a nap at 2 pm)! But alas, what we singers forget is that no one wants to hear us sing at 7 am. That is the beauty of living in a NYC apartment. I can't start practicing until at least 11 am (it's a Saturday morning). So- translations? you betcha- right after I stop blogging.

So...what is it that morning people do anyway? Take naps in the afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment