Who and Why

I began singing opera because of Violetta. Now, I am going meet her.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bloggedy Blogged Blogged Blog

So, I have been absent dear reader. All I can say is that I have been practicing- truly- well...after a month hiatus. It was too hot and all the BBQ gave me reflux. But, seriously, I am BACK and with a vengeance. I had to take a vocal break. To sing for the sake of singing, when I have been programed to "have a career," is a bit indulgent. But now, I am finally enjoying the sweet taste. Truly, I am singing for myself because...and this is important...I WANT to! Not because I want to develop my technique either- or to improve my sound- or my vowels- or my language-- but, because, I love the sheer power of singing. Of opening my voice and having a lion roar come out of my size 6 waist. Because this is how I clear my head and reconnect with myself. Not because I have an audition, or a show, or a coaching or a lesson or any other outside force propelling me to "improve" and move ahead. Because I want to ... dammit! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment