Who and Why

I began singing opera because of Violetta. Now, I am going meet her.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Baby, It's HOT outside

As I was climbing up yet another flight of stairs, in yet another stifling disgusting stale opressive MTA subway station, I thought, "Why the hell am I walking so fast?" My vision was blurry, my head spinning- all because I am walking the same pace as when it's 60 degrees- or even 20 degrees! Well, the kitchen is hot and I want to stay in it but that doesn't mean I have to use my usual NYC pace...so, slow down. What's the hurry? It's going to be disgusting no matter what I do. And, as I have my performance coming up this Wednesday (6.30 pm- Cornelia St Cafe), I remind myself yet again- slow down- what's the hurry? Take this heat as a lesson to pause and look around and think...

(plus, everyone's on vaca anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment